This equipment package furnishes en-route transit users with real-time travel-related information on-board a transit vehicle. Current information that can be provided to transit users includes transit routes, schedules, transfer options, fares, real-time schedule adherence, current incidents, weather conditions, non-motorized transportation services, and special events are provided. In addition to tailored information for individual transit users, this equipment package also supports general annunciation and/or display of general schedule information, imminent arrival information, and other information of general interest to transit users.
- The transit vehicle shall enable traffic and travel advisory information to be requested and output to the traveller. Such information may include transit routes, schedules, transfer options, fares, real-time schedule adherence, current incidents, weather conditions, and special events.
- The transit vehicle shall enable business directory (including non-motorized transportation) information to be requested and output to the traveller.
- The transit vehicle shall broadcast advisories about the imminent arrival of the transit vehicle at the next stop via an on-board automated annunciation system.
- The transit vehicle shall support input and output forms that are suitable for travellers with physical disabilities.
- The transit vehicle shall gather transit advisory data, including alerts and advisories pertaining to major emergencies, or man made disasters.
- The transit vehicle shall tailor the output of the request traveller information based on the current location of the transit vehicle.
Inputs/Outputs (Included Architecture Flows)
- This icon indicates that the associated architecture flow either has been or will be addressed by ITS Standards. Select the architecture flow for more information on relevant standards activities.