This equipment package provides drivers with personalized traveller information including traffic and road conditions, transit information, maintenance and construction information, multimodal information, event information, and weather information. The provided information is tailored based on driver requests. Both one-time requests for information and on-going information streams based on a submitted traveller profile and preferences are supported.
- The vehicle shall receive formatted traffic and travel advisories from a centre and present them to the driver upon request.
- The vehicle shall receive travel alerts from a centre and present them to the driver. Relevant alerts are provided based on pre-supplied trip characteristics and preferences.
- The vehicle shall receive business directory information (such as lodging, restaurants, theaters, and other tourist activities) from a centre and present it to the driver upon request.
- The vehicle shall receive event information from a centre and present it to the driver upon request.
- The vehicle shall collect vehicle data and present it to the driver (including vehicle conditions, environmental conditions, safety and position warnings, and enhanced vision images) upon request.
- The vehicle shall provide the capability of translating signage for presentation to the driver, including fixed signage, situational messages, or work zone intrusion messages.
- The vehicle shall accept reservations for business directory services, non-motorized transportation information and event information.
- The vehicle shall prioritize safety and warning messages to supersede advisory and broadcast messages.
- The vehicle shall base requests from the driver on the vehicle's current location, and filter the provided information accordingly.
- The vehicle shall accept personal preferences, recurring trip characteristics, and traveller alert subscription information from the driver and send this information to a centre to support customized traveller information services.
- The vehicle shall support driver input in audio or manual form.
- The vehicle shall present information to the driver in audible or visual forms without impairing the driver's ability to control the vehicle in a safe manner.
Inputs/Outputs (Included Architecture Flows)
- This icon indicates that the associated architecture flow either has been or will be addressed by ITS Standards. Select the architecture flow for more information on relevant standards activities.