The following resources include additional information about UTEC and emissions.
- Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory – Link to Environment Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Inventory. The National Inventory Report 1990-2008 is a primary source of data for the UTEC tool.
- GHGenius – Link to GHGenius, an Excel-based tool developed for Natural Resources Canada. The GHGenius tool is a primary source of data for the UTEC tool.
- Locomotive Emissions Monitoring Program – Link to the Locomotive Emissions Monitoring Program, prepared by the Railway Association of Canada (in partnership with Transport Canada and Environment Canada). The LEM Program Report for 2008 was a source for diesel rail emissions data for the UTEC tool.
- Transportation Energy Data Book, Edition 29 – Link to the Transportation Energy Data Book, prepared by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory for the Vehicle Technologies Program Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy U.S. Department of Energy. The Transportation Energy Data Book, Edition 29 (2010) was a source for diesel rail fuel efficiency data for the UTEC tool.
- APTA 2010 Public Transportation Fact Book – Link to the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Public Transportation Fact Book, 61st edition, April 2010. This was a source for trolley bus and electric light rail fuel efficiency data for the UTEC tool.
- Global Warming Potentials – Link to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Global Warming Potentials are used to by the UTEC Tool to convert GHG emissions to CO2 equivalents (CO2e).
- Canadian Vehicle Survey - Link to the Canadian Vehicle Survey: Annual report by Statistics Canada. Information of the vehicle fleet composition for light- and heavy-duty vehicles was obtained from the 2009 Annual Canadian Vehicle Fleet Survey published by Statistics Canada.
- Comprehensive Energy Use Database – Link to Comprehensive Energy Use Database 1990-2008 reported by the Office of Energy Efficiency, Natural Resources Canada