Forms are available only in .pdf format and may be completed on-line. Blank or filled-in forms can be printed, and blank forms can be downloaded onto your computer.
To access the Portable Document Format (PDF) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet such as:
While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accessibility of this site, some content or services found here might be inaccessible to some visitors. In those circumstances, the contact information for someone who can assist you has been provided.
View and print
With your PDF Reader, you can view and print .pdf files. Simply click on the hyperlink that leads to the .pdf file.
To download a .pdf file onto your own computer, follow the steps as indicated below. Ensure that the .pdf file is not opened.
- Right-click on the hyperlinked file name and then select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer®).
- Save the document in the directory of your choice, then use your Reader to access it at your convenience.
- To access the saved form, click on "File" and then "Open" in the Reader's toolbar.
The following information is provided to assist you in completing the forms
- Completing fillable forms
- Printing forms that you've filled out
- Submitting forms that you've filled out
Completing fillable forms
Along with the information provided here, you can consult the PDF Reader's online guides.
Moving within a form
To move from one field to the next, hit "Tab."
- This helps ensure that you don't accidentally skip over any fields.
- Place your mouse pointer in the field you want to fill in, then left-click.
Changing your data
To replace data you've already entered in a field, place your mouse pointer within
the field and left-click.
- This "selects" the existing data, which you can then adjust or replace.
Some forms contain boxes to be checked off.
- Place your mouse pointer over the box you want to check off.
- When your mouse pointer becomes shaped like a hand with its index finger pointing, left-click.
- To de-select a box, left-click on it again.
Some fields -- for example, the address field on some forms -- have room for more
than one line of text.
- To move to the next line within a field, hit "Enter."
- When you've finished in the field, hit "Tab" to move to the next field.
Fields with a limited number of characters
- Some fields limit the maximum number of characters you can enter. For instance, a maximum of nine characters can be entered in the field asking for a social insurance number (do not enter dashes or spaces).
- Dates: Unless otherwise specified on an individual form, all dates must be entered in the format yyyy/mm/dd (for example, "2000/02/03" means February 3, 2000).
Dollar amounts: You must manually enter
the decimal point in dollar amounts that include cents.
- If you don't manually enter a decimal point, the system will automatically insert one after the final digit you entered.
Phone numbers: Along with the standard
area code and phone number, you can enter your extension if you have one.
- For instance, there is room for you to type in 888 888-8888, ext. 8888.
Signatures: A fillable form that requires
a signature must be signed by hand after you've completed and printed it.
- The system won't let you enter any electronic data in the signature field.
Printing forms that you've filled out
- Before printing, check the form's page size: some of them should be printed on legal-size paper (8.5" x 14").
Once you've completed a form on-screen and verified its page size, select "File"
and then "Print" in the Reader's toolbar.
- This brings you to the print dialog box.
- To change the paper size, click on "Setup" in the print dialog box.
Submitting forms that you've filled out
- After you've entered and verified the data on your fillable form, print it.
- Manually sign the form (if applicable).
- Before submitting your printed form, you should make a photocopy for your records.
- Individual forms include instructions on where to send the completed paper copy.
For more information please use the Contact Information Feedback.
- Date modified: